Friday, March 8, 2019

After

Number two on the list 100 Must Read YA Books In Verse.
This was an evocative read.  I made an instant connection, naturally, because my mother attempted suicide when I was a teenager.  So I  know about after.  
Anna Gonzales takes her own life and the next day, starting with the principal, you can read their reactions.  A lot of facets are introduced here, from the points of view of different students and staff.  Not all of it is about Anna, which is perfectly normal.  After reading a few poems I reflected on my own experiences.  It's all about connections.  A book can mean more to you if you are able to make personal connections, and it doesn't even have to be about the central topic.
This is an important book and I strongly recommend it.  If you can't find this at your library you can find it  here at Open Library

No comments:

Post a Comment