Sunday, May 19, 2019

'Fessing Up

Okay... so I didn't even last three months before I went back to my old reading habits.  Which explains why the blog entries dropped off after Spring Break. 
I was too busy reading reading reading! 
I should have known better than to try to curb that.  So I quit, simple as that.    One big difference though is that I want to write again.  So maybe it wasn't a completely futile exercise in trying to modify my behaviour. 
You know how people sometimes put off things for when they retire?  Say that they don't have time now for such indulgences?  Firstly, that just pisses me off.  Not only is it judgmental, it's not true.  What if (and I have seen this happen), you kick the big bucket shortly after you retire?  What if putting off these indulgences now only sour the life that you are currently living?  I have seen this also and I have learnt from it. 
A year or so back, I was thinking about what kind of life I would have once I retired, and it was a shock to realize that I was already living ideally.   Ever since I was a teenager and knew how I would like to live, the fantasy has always been the same; I have always wanted my own home which would be full of all the things I treasured most,  books and music.  So there you are, or should I say here I am! 
I am happiest with a book, so why change that?

No comments:

Post a Comment