Sunday, January 6, 2013

Long After Midnight

 Like I've said recently I haven't read a lot of Bradbury for a while for several different reasons and even when I have they have been pretty specific arrangements (all of a similar theme).   This one was a hodgepodge of whammy!  It is not an easy thing to blog about because this is a collection of short stories... how do you present that?  But I am compelled to put something down because I am still feeling it, so it must need to be said.  Coarsely put, it was a mindfrack.  This collection was so very easy to read, I transitioned from story to story with remarkable ease, not sinking too deeply into any one story, and not being able to put it down until I had finished the lot.  After I was done it was like a cumulative wallop to the body, some sentimentalism, affection, awe, humor, a stab of horror and then something sweet.  It was a lot to process all at once, and really overwhelming.  Read bit by bit or all at once, reading Bradbury is a poignant experience but it will be a while before I do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment