Monday, February 4, 2013

Wiseassery Times Ten

Fourteen books into this series and it does not get old!
Amazing right?  Admittedly there is repetition, for instance the protagonist always gets his butt kicked, he is always faced with impossible odds, and powerful foes. But I am relieved to say that he has wonderful friends to help patch him up.  It wasn't always that way, there were a few books in the beginning when he was miserable, alone and terribly misunderstood.   His sheer determination to do the right thing no matter the cost, topped off with the most satirical, wickedly hilarious, smartarsiest sense of humour, makes him the most awe inspiring and sexiest fictional wizard I know.  I spend so much time holding my sides in laughter. 
In Cold Days it's getting exciting, which is amazing because Jim Butcher just seems to pile on the suspense and tension with each book ( so you can imagine fourteen books in that the stress kind of feels like an elephant sitting on you).    I mean, just how much more can a person take, wizard or not, but there is still some more story to go.  I haven't heard anything yet but it looks like Butcher is beginning to sum up this series.  I will be sorry to see it go, but you know the saying, "all good things...".  Just go read them already, you won't regret it I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment